Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Kiara Trail

i thaught jogging or cycling on tarmac would keep me fit and in tip top condition for anything. well it proves me wrong, very wrong. entering the Kiara trail through the jogging tracks was a lung busting climb for 10mins. that was on tarmac. not to mentioned the trails yet.

entering the middle cross section (from the jogging track) was an immediate climb up to the hills. it may look easy to some of the experience rider but it doesn't look easy for me. i kept losing my balance when pedaling up hill. quite embarassing moment i would say. ended up i had to push the bike up the all the way. it took me a while for my brain to adjust to this new environment telling my feet and body and hands not to lose control. it wasn't easy and was tiring and had a few fumble down hill.

anyway from where i started with other riders, the trail leads to sri hartamas coming out from the construction site. the trail was up and down all the way and some of the up hill you need to carry/push your bike. looking at the construction site, it is really a sore eye to me as they digging the kiara hill piece by piece. one of the trail was damage due to the soil erosion which I am assuming it had to do with the construction nearby. we rested at a mamak restaurant (i think it is call Devi's corner) and continue to enter the kiara trail behind some housing area.

took around 4hr 30mins riding the trail, suppose to be 5hr or more due to my ineffective right ankle giving problem. so we decided to take a shorter route and head back to the jogging track. i'm not through with kiara hill yet as i didnt complete the whole loop. will be back there again and complete the whole loop. :) total distance travel ===> 16km

how this going to prepare for my upcoming event "pcc proton presidential ride 2006" which covers around 60km of offroad? do you think i would be taking the "chicken route"? hahaha :D

No comments: